Governor’s Open Up & Recover Safely Plan
Governor Stitt's Latest Press Release | Executive Order Update
Governor Stitt's CARES Act Press Release
Mayor's Proclamation | Video Message from Governor Stitt
City of Duncan
The City of Duncan will open all City facilities effective June 1, 2020 at 7:00 am.
- All City utility bills are still due on their respective due dates and payments may be called in, made online, at the kiosk or placed in the drop box at City Hall. While utility disconnects have been temporarily suspended, we will shut water off if surface sewage is reported.
- Business Resources
- If you have any questions please call 580-252-0250.
Normal services resumed effective May 18th 2020.
- These services which have been suspended will include the collection of three bags or items outside the poly cart on residential regular twice a week service.
- We will also resume collection of bulk items on our monthly regular scheduled days.
- Please see the 2020 Bulk Calendar for pick up days.
Stephens County Courthouse
Stephens County Courthouse offices are opened effective May 11th.
City of Marlow
The City of Marlow declaration of emergency that was issued on April 28, 2020 ended with Governor Stitt’s declaration on May 29, 2020.
City Facilities Updates
The City of Marlow suspended all electric shut-offs for non-payment during an emergency declaration. Water is not shut-off for non-pay at any time. Disruption of service will continue in June.
Utility customers are urged to maintain payments during the emergency, if possible, in an effort to not fall behind beyond any point of realistic recovery. City Hall is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Alternative payment options include:
Online - 24 hours a day
- Drive-thru at City Hall - Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Drop box at City Hall - 24 hours a day
- By phone at 866-228-6746 - 24 hours a day
Duncan Regional Hospital
During June the front entrance will be opened and will begin allowing public access. Precautions will be in place.
That will re-open all services to the public.
- Visitation to no more than one patient representative per patient.
- DHR Café and Chick-fil-A reopening in June.
- Masks may be removed in the dining room, but the dining room will be well spaced also.
- Waiting rooms limited and space seating 6 feet apart.
Every visitor to Duncan Regional Hospital, Jefferson County Hospital or any of our primary and specialty care clinics will be required to wear a mask.
Stephens County Health Department
We are now only providing the following clinic services by appointment only:
- COVID-19 testing daily from 2-4 pm
- Emergency contraception
- Symptomatic STD treatment
- Emergency Depo
- Family planning
WIC and all other clinic services will be handled online or over the phone.
All Inspections services have returned to routine business practice.
- Increased decontamination on all ambulances and aircraft
- Dispatch is asking symptom questions prior to arrival
- Medics wearing PPE on all calls
- Temperature checks on employees
Urgent Med/Family Med
- NOW available! Care from your phone or computer by telemedicine call 580-252-1911
- Open to see patients during normal hours Mon-Fri 8:00am – 8:00pm and Sat/Sun 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Separate waiting room for patients with NO respiratory complaints
- Patients are screened at the door with symptom questions and temperature
- If a patient is running fever they will be asked to wait in their car and will be brought into the building via a separate entrance
- Utilizing an isolated exam room for patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- Family Med is currently closed for Well visits.
Elk Crossing Nursing and Rehabilitation, Gregston’s Nursing Home, West Wind Assisted Living, Country Club Care and Wilkins Nursing Home
"Re-opening for us is very far away for our facility. We have to keep the safety and health of our residents our top priority. When we do finally re-open, it will look like limited, supervised visitations with screening for all visitors prior to entering the facility. It will be both visitor and resident wearing a mask when interacting and social distancing between visitors and residents.”
Cayley Inmon, Country Club Care
- The facility is currently closed to outside visitors
- Patients are screened multiple times a day to check for temperature and symptoms of the COVID-19 virus
- Employees are also being screened
- Residents are eating in their rooms
- No medically unnecessary trips out of the facility.
- Cleaning and sanitizing continuously throughout the day
- All employees are wearing masks during entire shift
- Hiring more staff
Chisholm Trail Assisted Living
- The facility is currently closed to outside visitors
- Cleaning and sanitizing continuously throughout the day
- Essential personnel only
Funeral Homes (Grantham, Whitt, Carter Smart, Bailes Polk, and Oakcrest Cremation Center)
- Returned to routine business.
MINISTERIAL ALLIANCE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH DUNCAN
- Updates provided by Bryan Pain with First Baptist Church
- FBC Services have resumed regular schedule.
- Live stream church services
- Most agencies are now open, call 580-255-3648 for more information.
- Christians Concerned (580) 252-9120 Duncan residents only.
- Christian Helping Hands (580) 439-5712 Comanche residents only on Thursday.
- Marlow Samaritans (580) 658-5771 Marlow residents only, twice a month.
- Most will give out enough food for a family of 4 for 2 weeks
- All are by appointment only.
DUNCAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Red River Technology Center
"In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Red River Technology Center has extened the suspension of short-term programs, in-person training, and on campus events effetive util at least June 15, 2020. Red River is currently offering Temporary Distance Learning opportunities to full time students."
Dennis Loafman - Superintendent
Cameron University- Duncan
- Cameron University has begun a phased reopening.
- Some buildings are closed, but many services are available online or by appointment.
- Summer Semester is underway and enrollment is open for Fall 2020.
Duncan Chamber of Commerce
Duncan Area Economic Development Foundation
Main Street Duncan
- Re-opening downtown Duncan is based on the individual store, clinic, etc.
- Curb-side pickup remains available, not only for restaurants but also boutiques and service-industry businesses.
- We have encouraged merchants to continue to clean regularly, including door handles, dressing rooms, desks/counters, and steaming items tried on by customers but not purchased.
- Some merchants have introduced a policy of no more than 10 people in the store at one time and/or large groups shopping together are asked to wait till the store clears out to avoid lack of physical distancing.
The Simmons Center will open back up to the public on May 15th with the following restrictions:
New Recreation Center hours:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 9:00 pm
Senior hours 7:00 am – 8:30 am (Monday – Friday only)
Saturday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday Closed for disinfecting
Convention Center office hours:
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- All staff, members, and visitors will be required to have their temperature taken upon entering the facility.
- No contact check-in
- Members will be encouraged to bring their membership card to self-check-in.
- Check-ins can also be done verbally if needed.
- The Simmons Center staff will be wearing masks.
- Members and participants are highly encouraged to wear face masks/coverings as well when not working out.
Social distancing, minimum of 6 feet is required.
- Participants must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Participants must wash hands or use sanitizer before and after working out.
- Simmons Center Staff will be stationed throughout the facility to assist in disinfecting and answer any questions regarding the new guidelines.
- Group exercise classes will be limited based on social distancing.
- Pool will be open but limited to number of participants based on social distancing.
- Basketball gyms are limited to two persons per goal for open shoot around only.
- Racquetball courts are limited to one-on-one.
- Indoor track will be limited to social distancing.
- Locker rooms will be available but limited to social distancing.
- Convention Center is following the guidelines set forth by the CDC for restaurant seating.
- Seating is limited to half the normal table size.
- Larger rooms.
- Theatre live shows and plays are available with limited seating, in order to follow social distancing guidelines
What is not available:
- Silver Sneaker classes
- Hot tub access
- Child Watch
- Water Fountains, members are encouraged to bring their own water or water will be available to buy from machines.
- Youth Programs until further notice.
- Coffee service.
- Concession Area
- Sauna access
- DRH fitness center
We will close every other machine in the cardio room to insure social distancing.
We will limit the stairways to one way up and one way down to insure no one will meet in the stairway.
Closing the vending machines. We will have one water machine open upstairs.
Face shields will be installed at the front desk to protect our employees.
Front desk workers will be wearing gloves along with their masks.
Extend the number of facility monitors.
Move the larger group fitness classes to a gym for more space.
One person at a time (unless with a family member) in the elevator at a time.
Walmart has a new mask policy that will go into effect Monday July 20th. All shoppers will be required to wear a face covering.
Walmart has created the role of Health Ambassador and will station them near the entrance to remind those without a mask of our new requirements. Our ambassadors will receive special training to help make the process as smooth as possible for customers. The ambassadors, identifiable by their black polo shirts, will work with customers who show up at a store without a face covering to try and find a solution.
- Current hours are 7:00am–8:30pm
- Online ordering and Curbside service is available
- Sneeze guards have been installed.
- Health screening every associate before their shift.
- Associates are required to wear masks.
- Cleaning and sanitizing throughout the store
- Extra security for the pharmacy
- Senior citizens shopping hour is Tuesday from 6:00am-7:00am
- New social distancing signing is in place throughout the store.
- To support social distancing now only using the grocery entrance. There is one way in and out. We are metering customers to 20% of capacity at a time.
- Curbside pharmacy is in place.
Think Ability, INC
- Taking temperatures of everyone in and out.
- Restricted visitors.
- Admin office is closed to the public.
- Working with limited staff in the office.
- Curbside services only for Power Print and Think Ability Market
Local Dentists – update provided by Dr. Mike Nelson
- Elective procedures have been cancelled
- Are available for emergency cases only, willing to help relieve the case load of the Emergency Room and treat those with emergency dental issues
Duncan Rescue Mission
- Practicing Social Distancing
- Screening through questioning over the phone
- Bring out food to the recipients car or deliver it
- For walk-ins the food is brought out to the car
- No client is allowed near the food storage or near other clients
- Homeless asking for assistance are also screened for symptoms through questioning
Southern Box & Southern Trophy
- We at Southern Box are offering shipping, mail receiving, and mailbox rentals to receive packages for our customers. If you open a mailbox, you can use our address to ship your packages to your mailbox directly at our store where we will hold the package until you are comfortable picking it up. We will be disinfecting the store between customers for your safety and the safety of our employees and the FedEx/UPS/DHL/USPS delivery drivers.
- During this time, our new lobby hours have been adjusted to 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make this time a little easier for you!